Thursday, August 25, 2005

Welcome

Just getting started here with the first real substantive post. The goal of this blog is to document in real time my activities in the stock market. My focus is not on creating a diversified portfolio at this point. The maxmium positions held at any one time will be three.

I will trade stocks, etfs, options, etc. There may be a possibility of bond trading in the future, but at present my portfolio size makes the commissions too high.

A brief bit about my history in the stock market. Between 1999-2002 I lost $9,500 of my hard-earned funds out of a total of $10,000 for a 95% loss. Since 2003, I have turned $3,500 into about $5.800. I don't know if that performance even beats the market over a comparable period.

My goal with this blog is to promote a full disclosure and transparent environment where I lay out the premise behind each trade and document when my ideas change, I have been wrong, or maybe a small pat on the back when something goes right.

My immediate short-term success (re: LUCK) is what prompted this entire endeavor, as I have had 3 successful trades in a row. Although the maximum profit was not eeked out on each one they successively netted me about 100%, 3%, and 30% on my money in a row. We will examine each trade hopefully over the coming weeks and we will also make a foray into what I anticipate happening over the coming 6 months and how I plan to position my small amount of capital during that time.

Best regards and Welcome!

-BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home