Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Manifesto (updated)

Current Thoughts

1) Develop sound risk management techniques for trading / investing / speculating
2) Improve my trading results
3) Identify and confront some of the perceived obstacles to success

(earlier thoughts circa 2005-2006):


I had the chance to read some choice sections of Nassim Taleb's book - "Fooled by Randomness." This is an extremely humbling - but thought provoking book to read and I recommend it whole-heartedly. Reading it though has forced me to articulate the mission of the blog and my personal strategy in greater detail:

Goals of the Blog:

1) Keep me honest
2) Track the investing performance in realtime
3) Encourage open and honest interchange between readers and myself

Basics of My Approach:

1) I want to be someone who is "lucky" as I don't think that I can be "good"
2) Copying Soros here as this is the best quote ever - "I don't want to be an expert at playing the game, although that would be nice. I want to be an expert at realizing the rules of the game have changed earlier than others."
3) I want to stick to an objective system of applying my trades, although my ideas themselves will be entirely arbitrary and subjective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home