Thursday, September 01, 2005

Today.......Is A Good Day

Well.....it looks like I am 1 for 2 so far today. (FRO) is only down $0.34 today (its ex-dividend day) even though owners of the stock today will receive $2.00 per share dividend. This is the equivalent of the stock being up another $1.60 today!!!!! I may have to re-examine this one later this week, but right now time is at a premium - as in I don't have enough! Btw - props to Ghostdog for calling this one correctly - he made a good call - and thought outside the box, whereas I was foused on historical micro price pattern of ex-dividend day and he was focused on the big picture. So basically - I sold FRO too soon.

Anyways - this update was prompted by a positive development in the gold trade. As originally predicted gold has made a major move to the upside and it appears it may break out. Here is an updated daily p/l reflecting the change in the call option on (NEM) . We said that leverage works both ways.....fortunately it is working in the right direction right now:


It might be prudent to unload some of the options at this point, but I really believe we are at the beginning of a big run in gold here and I don't want to sell too early (re: SNDK, AW, etc.) Comments are always welcome from those in agreement / disagreement.

Regards,

BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home