Wednesday, September 14, 2005

High on Newmont

We are seeing a hell of a move in gold today. I in fact might have sold the last of my Newmont (NEM) options too soon. However, they were up too much for me to feel comfortable and I felt like locking in the last of the gain.

This trade allowed me to move firmly into the black for the year. I have also reached a point in my portfolio where its current value - $10,700 - is $1,000 greater than my total ROTH IRA contributions over past five years ($9,700). This makes for a compound annual return of less than 3% - meaning I could have made more in a money market than trading my portfolio.

Still - I feel truly outstanding to have recouped the $4K that I lost in PsiNet, which was the beginning of my ROTH IRA investments and my baptism by fire in the stock market.

Here are some summary charts on Newmont - I don't have a lot more comments to make. I think the contract could run more from here, however with the Fed Meeting on the horizon so soon, I plan on taking a breather for a week and try to get my bearings. My head is clouded with greed and emotion right now. In addition to being pretty damn tired.

Here are the charts:

Portfolio Snapshot - 09/14/2005:

Newmont - Aggregate P&L:

Newmont - Entry and Exit:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home