Thursday, September 22, 2005

Poor Execution

I was unable to get the execution I wanted this morning in the Newmont options. I had the bid in for the January 2006 $50 calls. First I had it at $1.30, then at $1.35, then $1.50 - within minutes it was at $1.60 - finally closing the day at $1.80. So I was unable to add to my gold position.

At that point I realized that I do not need to force things. I do have some exposure to gold here. It may be better to let the PUTS come to me a bit more - especially with regards to some of the banks. This may also be the buying opportunity of the lifetime in the chemicals as it looks like they have been forced to shut down production as a huge percentage of their factories are in the hurricane's projected path. Would love to pick up some 2006 or 2007 Dow Chemical (DOW) calls with the common trading in the 32-40 range.

The9 (NCTY) has been going up on talk of this conference about their site. I think it is a bullshit move and they will be pulled down with the rest of the Nasdaq when the big downside move materializes.

I have had some comments from readers - that I am a bit out there right now with my posts. I am taking this to heart as well - as I have been so tired lately - and slightly depressed - taht I know I am not analyzing this completely cleary. I think this weekend after yoga - my mind should be clearer and I can hopefully come up with a better game plan and just execute on it.

Also looking forward to the first stock reports from reader requests. (re: ADSX/ GNTA)

Best Regards,

BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home