Thursday, November 17, 2005

Just a few minor things :)

I have had a few interesting reader mails in the past few days. One important comment was regarding NCTY (The9). A reader who follows the sector closely pointed out an inaccuracy in my summary. I had posted that The9 partnered with Softworld in Taiwan for 30% interest in the operations there. In fact this appears to be inaccurate as The9 has only publicly stated that they are partners in another venture - "outside of Mainland China." This could be anywhere in Southeast Asia. I expect the actual location to be disclosed in the 10-Q report and will give the info when it is released.

Next reader mail. Readers seem to like watching my performance in realtime as it gives them the ability to watch me lose money - 24/7. :) I have decided to form a new Yahoo portfolio that I will make public. This will mirror the actual portfolio in my trading account. This should not be hard to achieve now because I have so few positions. However, if I do begin trading more actively as I was in September and October of this year it may become difficult to update routinely. Basic point - I am looking for any software or website that people are aware of that will allow my portfolio print to automatically sync with my brokerage - OptionsXpress. If anyone is aware of anything like that - please let me know.

So in the interests of transparency - I will begin posting both the portfolio real-time link and also an archived list of all transactions including commissions from the inception of the account (while at least since inception of OptionsXpress account in 2004 - previously I was with Ameritrade back in 99/2000/2001/2002/2003 - trading activity was basically non-existent as i lost all my money in a telecom that went bankrupt)- so all readers can see where I have made good calls and bad calls this year without going through each post. There will also be a link showing the contributions to the account and the compound annual rate of return since the account inception. Look for the new segregated links under the sub-heading "real-time updates," on the left side. Hopefully can get it up there by tonight - but if not look for it this weekend.

Final note - I got engaged tonight! It is a happy feeling - but it makes me feel old too. :)

Best regards,

BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home