Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hecla of a silver trade

Ill be quick - the Hecla (HL) speculation went well as the bullishness in silver and gold is currently surprising even me. I may be getting a bit ahead of myself but I took the proceeds from the Hecla sale and put them into Freddie Mac puts. I overlooked one important fact - mainly that there is a major event coming up tomorrow as the company will go over their financials from past several years in a conference call. I expect the trading to be volatile tomorrow and I am probably too leveraged in this position as well and could get cleared out. Luckily I have maintained the system rules and did not enter the position with more than 20% of capital. I am too tired tonight to enter all the system paremeters. Suffice to say that I estimate leverage on the Freddie Mac position is greater than 25-1. It broke some important technical levels today and I am hoping that it was not a headfake. If the stock proceeds to break down it will be a good one - however if all negative news is already priced into the stock - then it could be rallied tomorrow and I will get my ass handed to me. Anyways............here are the details for the Hecla trade and the current portfolio snapshot.


Regards,

BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home