Friday, October 14, 2005

Got blown out today..........and KILLED

While if you are speculating you are bound to get it wrong at times. And I got it really wrong here. I had a better (or worse) depending on your position CPI number than imaginable at 1.2% - this was much higher than consensus CPI of 0.9% and works out to around 10% per year.

Still interest rates are falling today and GOLD IS CRASHING. I lost my ass in numerous positions today. Luckily I did retain a fair amount of cash and it looks like I will live to write about it another day. Still I lost at least $1,000 speculating in Royal Gold and around $500 speculating in Newmont (NEM) in my other individual account, plus being down around an additional $500 on Newmont (NEM) in my retirement account.

So what's the solution? BUY MORE! Lol......no really - I do think they are a good buy here, but I also thought that 5 points ago higher - so I need to take a break and succumb to any type of gut reaction here and think about what connection I am missing.

I the statistic that I was expecting - whether an earnings number, economic statistic, etc. comes out as I was expecting/ better than expecte - and it is the reaction to that number that I misread - while then I am not really anticipating anything am I?

More on this later tonight and this weekend. I have a crazy day today - but will definitely hit on this today. Here is the snapshot so everyone can cry with me too:


Regards,

BG

PS I am not going to try and call a bottom in gold here as I obviously don't know WTF is going on. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home