Saturday, April 15, 2006

This is pretty damn sad

I tend to get so excited when a new position is getting contemplated and I am about to pull the trigger. Current reference is to the new GGC position. I am so excited to take the biggest call option position possible - re: 50-200 contracts if possible. The reason this is so sad - is it means I am not seeing this as a business yet - but still a gamble. Case in point - is the deviance from the system rules. The system rules have produced fantastic results year to date - 21% so far in the Q1. ($2,289.17 /$10,700 starting point = 21% return). Here is the snapshot:

So bottomline is that I can't wait to break out of the system rules that produced these results and instead risk it all. If I had no self restraint I would commit the entire portfolio capital to this trade if possible. I am forcing myself to limit the position to 20-30% of capital (notice the expansion of the rules to 30%) - but even this is probably too much.

At least this should provide for amusing viewing.

Best regards,

BG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home